Beginner Djembe Classes –
West African Drumming, are being held Fridays at 10 am (till 11:30) in the UUCS Fellowship Hall.
If you’ve been interested in exploring drumming or would like to join the drumming group – this is a great way to get started! The classes are taught by Mel Fritsche, certified Djembe Instructor. The class is FREE and a limited number of drums are available for use. Donations are welcome and will be used to purchase more drums for the group. Anyone with a drum is welcome at any time; if you need a drum, contact Mel. If you’re ready to take the plunge, beginner djembes can be purchased for $70-$100.
To reserve a drum or register for the class please email Mel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This class is open to the community and focuses on healing and recovery.Posted on: February 19, 2018
The February 2018 Unison is now available.
Submittals for March 1, 2018 Unison are due February 23rd, before 11 pm. If you would like your article published in the February 2018 Unison, please email it to email@example.com by 11 pm, February 23, 2018.
Posted on: February 18, 2018
We are on the move:
– children’s RE attendance averages upwards of twenty-five children every Sunday, expanding to fill new rooms in the education wing;
– our music program is overflowing with musicians pouring out their gifts in worship, including a choir that now numbers nineteen members, the most recent joining since the New Year;
– and our social justice projects have been reorganized to immediate effect: volunteers of all ages filled the Fellowship Hall for our MLK Day of Service, and our gifts to agencies in the community through Share the Plate have increased markedly month after month.
Our congregation is doing extraordinary work—all of us, together.
This year we have set our most challenging Annual Fund goal to date: $215,000. Our ambition is in service to what we know we offer, the freedom to be ourselves in witness to a world that longs to be free—the freedom to love beyond belief.
Please fuel our work by pledging your financial support for the coming fiscal year by February 28th. You may pledge online by clicking here. Pledge cards will also be available before or after Sunday service in the front lobby at the Information Center.
Thank you for your generosity. Thank you for your energy. Thank you for building this community, so vital to building a more just and livable world. Thank you for building our future–together.
Enter your pledge for the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2018, and ending June 30, 2019:
UUCS Annual Fund Team
Online Pledge Payment Options:
Funds can now be electronically made to and received by UUCS in one location via check (ACH bank transfer), debit and credit card, and instantly updated on your giving profile. To create electronic transactions, click Contribution and Payments.
Please include in ‘Comments’ section of form your fund’s designation.
- Contributions via Direct Bill Pay (your bank):
To set up direct bill pay from your financial banking account, please enter the following address in the ‘Bill Pay’ section of your financial account:
PO BOX 1942
Spartanburg, SC 29304-1942
Please include “2018-19 PLEDGE” in ‘Memo’ section of your ‘Bill Pay’ request to your financial institution.
Directions on how to manage recurring gift(s):
- Log into Breeze
- Click the “Give Now” tab in the upper right
- Click “Recurring Gifts” from the navigation on the left and click “change” to adjust the recurring gift you would like to change
- After change/cancel is made, you must click Save Changes. Your change/cancel will only activate if this button is clicked and will be immediate.
For fiscal year pledge gifting, this is best to do after your June gift is made. You would also have the option to cancel current recurring gifts and enter new gifts.
*Anyone can use this link for UUCS contributions and payments – ‘Breeze’ account is not required to utilize link for contributions and payments. The financial processor for ‘Breeze ChMS’ is (Stripe). Stripe is one of the industry leaders in online payment processing and you can read more on Stripe security here.Posted on: February 1, 2018