To help you navigate the communication needs at UUCS, communication and publicity methods are outlined below for your reference.
Postings for all the Happenings, Unison, and Website can be submitted to email@example.com with the words “Unison”, “Happenings”, or “Website”, as appropriate, in the subject line.
- The Happenings (published every Thursday) is an e-publication meant to inform Friends and Members of the week’s calendar and events to plan for. The deadline for submission is 11:00 pm on Tuesdays.
- The monthly Unison (published on the 1st of the month) is for committee news, longer descriptions of upcoming classes, Religious Education, Board News, and Minister reflections. Submissions for the Unison newsletter are due by the 23rd of the month by 11:00 pm.
- The UUCS Website is mostly for “static” information that isn’t updated frequently. If you need to feature your event or activity on the website please attach a photograph or graphic in .jpeg format to go along with your piece.
- UUCS Calendar items may be entered directly on the UUCS calendar by committee chairs or can be submitted by members by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sunday Pulpit Announcements: for a UUCS event or news you’d like announced from the pulpit on Sunday, send to email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday at noon before the Sunday it needs announcing.
- The UUCS Facebook Group: Members and Friends may request to join the UUCS Facebook Group which allows you to post to the group. We also have a public page, where the UUCS calendar and special events are posted.
- Bulletin Boards: We have a number of Bulletin Boards available in the Fellowship Hall and the RE Wing, maintained by designated committees. There is also a Community Bulletin Board for non-UUCS events of interest to our community.