Modified on: September 17, 2018
Sunday, September 23 beginning at 10:15 AM and after Sunday Service.
All groups need volunteers to make their organization dynamic and successful. UUCS is no exception. Please take some time on Sunday, September 23 to come to our Volunteer Tables in the Fellowship Hall and talk to our Committee Chairs. We need your help! Serving on one or more of our UUCS Committees is a great way to know our members and friends, and help our Congregation grow.
One of the best ways to connect with our church is to share your talents. Whatever your skills and interests, you can find a place for them in our congregation. You are important to our ministry in the areas of Adult Enrichment and Youth Religious Education, Worship, Social Justice, and Caring. The opportunities for service are endless. UUCS is volunteer powered. Share your talent and energize our program.
If you like or are interested in:
- Writing – Be an in-house writer for the newsletter or the website
- Singing or playing an instrument – Join the choir. Contact our music director firstname.lastname@example.org
- Playing the guitar – Perform at the monthly Expresso Yourself Coffeehouse
- Dramatic performance – Perform at the Coffeehouse.
- Art or computer graphics – Design logos and flyers for church activities
- Children and Youth – Join our Lifespan Faith Development teaching team, help out with youth groups, or help in the nursery
- Gardening Help with yard maintenance, bring flowers for the sanctuary or special occasions
- Interior decorating. Give us some ideas to make our church more attractive; make a banner
- Photography – Take some pictures of church events and submit to the newsletter or website Send to email@example.com with Unison or Web in the subject line
- Crafts – Teach the children how to make beads, masks, mandalas; or make something to sell at the Auction
- Cooking – Prepare food for Coffee and Conversation and special occasions
- Dancing – Contribute a lesson to the Auction or perform at a special service
- Hiking or Cycling – Ask around, you’ll find plenty of folks to walk or ride with
- Helping people – Visit the homebound, volunteer at St. Luke’s Free Medical Clinic. Help persons recuperating from an illness: sending cards, making meals, providing transportation to doctors
- Yoga or meditation – Teach a regular class
- Handyman work – Help fix up, paint, repair the church
- Astrology or Tarot cards – Do a chart or a reading as an auction donation
- Social Justice – Attend our Social Justice events on the fourth Wednesday of each month to find out what you can do in this area
- Office duty – Volunteer to answer the telephone or do clerical work
- Computers – Contribute an hour of computer maintenance or training to the Auction
- Sound systems – Help out at the coffeehouse, worship service, or special events
- Creative ideas – Give your ideas for fundraising, RE classes, and other things that need doing to the appropriate committee chair or church officer
Look at the Leadership Directory and contact a committee chairperson and inquire how you can be involved. Not sure of how you can volunteer? Email our current President-Elect, Rick Hahnenberg, at firstname.lastname@example.org, and he may be able to direct you to a group where you may be comfortable utilizing your skills and/or interest.
« Back to Previous Page