Get To Know Us, Learn, Have Fun, Volunteer
Modified on: January 14, 2021
Interested in volunteering at UUCS? Please take just 5 minutes to follow the link below and fill out our quick and easy Skills & Interests Survey about yourself.
This survey has two purposes: 1st – This will help you think about how you can participate more deeply in UUCS life. 2nd – to be a resource for committee chairs and board members to find both new and long-time members to invite to participate in volunteer activities and/or leadership within the life of our church.
We want to get to know you better, and we hope you feel the same! Learn, have fun, help, while you share your interests, talents & abilities:
Reading and book club
Cognitive Dissonance Group (discussion of relevant books or topics)
Movie or film on a variety of social justice topics
Check the church calendar for meeting times (currently zoom meetings)
- Do you like being part of a small group for learning and discussion? Contact – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do you like learning and participating in a larger group on topics that range from scientific to current political or environmental issues? Drop-in on the Humanists meetings, second Wednesday of every month, 6:30 for casual conversation, 7:00 for the program.
- Do you like to entertain/host meals or events at church or in your home? Cook or help in the kitchen? If you’d like to help with cooking, a coffee hour or special events, contact Hospitality – email@example.com
- Do you have handyman/ painting/ maintenance skills that you would be willing to use in church buildings? Contact Buildings and Grounds – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Might like to be involved teaching children and youth: Religious Education – email@example.com
- Dramatic or musical talents: drop into our monthly Expresso Yourself Coffeehouse or contact our music director at firstname.lastname@example.org about joining the choir.
- Artistic or interior decorating talents, such as decorating for events Aesthetics – email@example.com
- Computer, sound system, office or other technical skills contact the Communication Team – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Passion for Social Justice, environmental/ green actions, contact email@example.com
- Would like to be on congregational health team – contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gardening or knowledgeable about plants? Would you enjoy taking a turn at summer watering? Contact email@example.com
- Need a little help finding what’s right for you? Email Membership – firstname.lastname@example.org – and Deb Williams, Karen Mitchell, or Abby Fowler can help you.
Leadership Directory lists committee chairpersons. You are welcome to email and inquire about how you can be involved. More on committees/teams and their responsibilities: UUCS Committees and Responsibilities.
« Back to Previous Page