In-Person Worship Option
Modified on: November 19, 2020
Sunday, Nov. 22 Thanksgiving Service @ 11:00 am is next Hybrid Service
(Both In-Person and live-stream Worship Option)
As the pandemic surges again around us, it has become clear that we must both continue to practice stringent safety protocols to keep one another safe, and also connect with one another to sustain our emotional, mental, and spiritual well-being through the months that lie ahead. We must stay safe, and we must stay connected.
After extensive deliberation by the COVID committee, Worship team, A/V team, and our Board, we will offer an outdoor, socially-distanced, masked, in-person worship option this Sunday, Nov. 22 at 11:00am:
- We will practice all of our safety protocols, meeting only outdoors, social distancing, wearing masks. (Please use the restroom before you come to the service!)
- The service will also be livestreamed simultaneously at 11:00am at www.uucs.org and https://www.youtube.com/user/uucs.
- If weather is bad, we will cancel the in-person option and revert to our usual virtual-only service.
- The service will be outside on the back lawn of the church grounds.
- If you would like to attend, please bring your own chair or quilt and sit distanced from one another on the back lawn.
- This will be a one-off event, modeled on the successful one-off events our congregation has held about once/month this summer and fall.
- It is our hope to be able to offer this same kind of one-off, outdoor, socially-distanced, masked, in-person option with simultaneous livestreaming two other times this winter for:
- our Dec. 21 Winter Solstice Service @ 6:30pm, and
- our Dec. 24 Christmas Eve Service @ 6:30pm.
Join us, in-person or online, as we celebrate our Beloved Community together. Adaptability and teamwork will be our by-words, and we will give ourselves the grace to make adjustments whenever needed. Our goal is care, for one another and for our community. We can keep ourselves safe and also connected with one another through the months ahead.
« Back to Previous Page