Children and Youth
Modified on: October 22, 2020
UUCS Religious Education Connections
Sybil Argintar, Director of Religious Education at firstname.lastname@example.org
RE For Week
Each week, while we are apart, Sybil is sending RE Connections for All Ages to all families, with fun activities to do together, resources for helping parents and children cope, and some music and stories related to our faith tradition and class curriculums. Below are some of the things sent to families in recent weeks. Each week Sybil will list a few more of these for the congregation to see, as another way we can stay connected to our many wonderful RE parents, children, and youth.
For the week of October 19, 2020:
General Spiritual Resources for Families
Soulful Home: Finding the Sacred in Our Everyday Spaces
November issue: Healing
Poetry and Readings for Inner Strength, Peace, and Hope
“The Lake Isle of Innisfree “(WB Yeats)
I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree,
And a small cabin build there, of clay and wattles made;
Nine bean rows will I have there, a hive for the honey bee,
And live alone in the bee-loud glade.
And I shall have some peace there, for peace comes dropping slow,
Dropping from the veils of the morning to where the cricket sings;
There midnight’s all a glimmer, and noon a purple glow,
And evening full of the linnet’s wings.
I will arise and go now, for always night and day
I hear lake water lapping with low sounds by the shore;
While I stand on the roadway, or on the pavements gray,
I hear it in the deep heart’s core.
Social Justice in RE
Unitarian Universalist Service Committee (UUSC)
Solidarity in The Heartland: Resisting Injustice in the immigration System
For a more detailed list of resources and activities for all ages, follow the link above. Here’s what’s included:
• General Spiritual Resources for Families
• Poetry and Readings for Inner Strength
• Parenting In A Time of Social Distancing
• Lessons for Home Schooling or Virtual School Projects
• Social Justice
• Teaching Tolerance
• Global Oneness Project
• Books about being a good neighbor, a good friend, and showing compassion to others
• Sharing Your Creative Spirit
• Open Library—another e-book library source
• Libby app. This free app will enable you to locate and download lots of library ebooks, etc.
• Highlights connection pages with games, puzzles, jokes. An old standby!
• Inner Child, for all ages and lots of ideas for our littlest UUs (preschool age)
• Videos for All Ages
• Music for All Ages
• Stories From Our Principles
• Stories to share for children and youth, from UU curriculums and sources
• Movies for all ages
• Movies for pre-teens and older
• Zooming opportunities
Religious Education Programming
August – December 2020
There is a mixture of Zoom meetings and things you can do at home, so choose what is best for your family and your schedule. Of course, this will change if we find we can open safely sometime in the fall.
We will be offering some Sunday morning programs via Zoom, so we hope many of you will join in. Our childcare workers, Sheren and Alyssa, will be helping with those.
These programs will begin Sunday, August 2, and continue through Sunday, December 13th.