UUCS Religious Education
For children and youth, from infants through high school
Sybil Argintar, Director of Religious Education at firstname.lastname@example.org
Remembering Who We Are: Our Guiding Principles (Adult version)
- The inherent worth and dignity of every person;
- Justice, equity, and compassion in human relations;
- Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations;
- A free and responsible search for truth and meaning;
- The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within. our congregations and in society at large;
- The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all;
- Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.
Remembering Who We Are: Our Guiding Principles (Children/Youth version)
- We believe each and every person is important;
- We believe all people should be treated fairly;
- In our congregations, all people are accepted and learn together;
- We believe each person is free to search for what is true and right in life;
- Everyone deserves a vote about the things that concern them;
- We believe in working for a peaceful, fair, and free world;
- We believe in caring for our planet Earth and every living thing that shares it with us.
Weekly Religious Education for All Ages
RE Connections for the week of May 16
This Sunday, May 22nd, is an intergenerational service, where everyone will be together in the sanctuary. There are no regular classes. Childcare will be available in the preschool room, and for any preschoolers who are participating in the child dedication, after the ceremony.
Don’t forget the RE family picnic after the service this Sunday, out on the playground. Please plan to bring a bag lunch and drinks for your family. We’ll provide some additional snacks and dessert (ice cream!).
Sybil will be out of the office May 23 – 30th, so no Connections next week.
Sunday May 29th we begin our summer programs, with a single multi-age classroom for arts and crafts, stories, and playground time. We’ll resume regular classes after Labor Day.
Highlights from RE Connections for All Ages:
UU Family Pages
Water, Stewardship, and Justice
General Spiritual Resources and Readings for Families
UU Sermon Guide on Reproductive Justice and the Anniversary of Roe v. Wade