UUCS Religious Education
For children and youth, from infants through high school
Sybil Argintar, Director of Religious Education at firstname.lastname@example.org
Remembering Who We Are: Our Guiding Principles (Adult version)
- The inherent worth and dignity of every person;
- Justice, equity, and compassion in human relations;
- Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations;
- A free and responsible search for truth and meaning;
- The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within. our congregations and in society at large;
- The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all;
- Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.
Remembering Who We Are: Our Guiding Principles (Children/Youth version)
- We believe each and every person is important;
- We believe all people should be treated fairly;
- In our congregations, all people are accepted and learn together;
- We believe each person is free to search for what is true and right in life;
- Everyone deserves a vote about the things that concern them;
- We believe in working for a peaceful, fair, and free world;
- We believe in caring for our planet Earth and every living thing that shares it with us.
Weekly Religious Education for All Ages
RE Connections for the week of November 29
Religious Education for Sunday, December 5th:
- Infant – 4K: Childcare with Randi and Katy
- 5K – 6th: Sybil and Sara; story “Tree of the Dancing Goats” and Chanukah wishes
- 7th – 12th: Lacey, Al, Shilo; youth group meets to begin claiming their space in Room 7! There will be art supplies out for everyone to use creatively. If you have comfortable small sofas, bean bag chairs or other items your youth would like to bring to decorate the room, please send this week or on December 19th when the group will meet again. We want this to be the youth space that they will claim as their own.
Teddy Bear Sunday, December 12th:
Don’t forget to buy your bears or other stuffed friends for Teddy Bear Sunday, part of our service on December 12th. Please leave all donations in Room 6 of the RE wing.
From RE Connections for All Ages:
UU Family Pages
Rooted and Ready to Rise
General Spiritual Resources and Readings for Families
UUSC Virtual Human Rights Leadership Celebration (takes place December 9—register at this link)