UUCS Religious Education
For children and youth, from infants through high school
Sybil Argintar, Director of Religious Education at email@example.com
Remembering Who We Are: Our Guiding Principles (Adult version)
- The inherent worth and dignity of every person;
- Justice, equity, and compassion in human relations;
- Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations;
- A free and responsible search for truth and meaning;
- The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within. our congregations and in society at large;
- The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all;
- Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.
Remembering Who We Are: Our Guiding Principles (Children/Youth version)
- We believe each and every person is important;
- We believe all people should be treated fairly;
- In our congregations, all people are accepted and learn together;
- We believe each person is free to search for what is true and right in life;
- Everyone deserves a vote about the things that concern them;
- We believe in working for a peaceful, fair, and free world;
- We believe in caring for our planet Earth and every living thing that shares it with us.
Weekly Religious Education for All Ages
RE Connections for the week of May 22
This Sunday, May 28th, we’ll go on a field trip to Hatcher Garden to explore using our senses in nature. If possible please have your children wear closed shoes since we’ll be mostly on paved pathways but may be in the woods for a bit also. If your child/youth plans to join us, please arrive by 10:45 am so you can sign an off-site permission slip and we can be ready to go at 11:00 am. Parents are welcome to join us, but we will have at least 3 chaperones the whole time. We should be back by 12:15-12:30 pm.
Next Sunday, June 4th, we’ll begin our Summer Sundays for 5K-5th grade in one multi-age classroom. Youth in 6th-12th grades may help in the classroom or attend services with a parent/guardian. Childcare for infants-4K will be available all summer.
We are looking into having some Sundays during the summer as an opportunity for younger children to attend services as well. More on that schedule soon!
Summer Reading Reflecting Our UU Principles
Preschool Summer Reading (Ages 2 – 4):
Eyes That Kiss in the Corners by Joanna Ho
Early Elementary Summer Reading (Grades K – 2):
Sofia Valdez, Future Prez by Andrea Beaty
Upper Elementary Summer Reading (Grades 3 – 5):
Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson
Middle School Summer Reading (Grades 6 – 8):
March: Book One by John Lewis
High School Summer Reading (Grades 9 – 12):
Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Sally Engelfried