All Church Activities Canceled Until Wednesday, March 18 Board Meeting
Modified on: March 14, 2020
Sunday Service To Be Livestreamed
Over the last 24 hours, we have received a number of messages from the national and regional UUA, and from medical groups and professionals, regarding what congregations can do to limit the spread of the coronavirus. The message has been clear: limit all social gatherings to try to stop the spread of the virus. The message from UUA President Rev. Susan Frederick-Gray may be found here: https://www.uua.org/pressroom/press-releases/updated-recommendations-your-congregations-response-covid-19. The problem is that the virus seems to spread for a time before it begins to be detected, meaning it is already moving beyond the locale in which it has been identified.
Our first priority is to care for our congregation and our community.
To that end:
- we will not gather as a congregation this Sunday.
- we will Livestream an abbreviated service on Sunday morning–join us here to connect with one another even when we are not physically together: https://www.youtube.com/user/uucs/videos?
- we will cancel all church activities and gatherings until the Board meeting on Wednesday evening, March 18. The Board meeting will serve as a time when we can better assess a fuller plan of action with more information.
Our care for one another and for our community only becomes more important in times of uncertainty and concern. Our ministry as a congregation continues unabated:
- We stand against prejudice and xenophobia, now and always.
- Check on friends and neighbors, relieving anxiety and increasing our connection to one another even when physical contact is reduced.
- If you need support in any way, connect with us–you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org / 864-590-8260. We are here to help each other.
With gratitude for the wisdom, compassion, and community spirit that guide us as a church—
On behalf of the Board &Staff,
Scott Neely, Minister
Linda Leible, President-Elect
Pate Randall, Treasurer
« Back to Previous Page